With the success of the MBX8R Kit, Mugen Seiki is now offering a MBX8R Eco that includes many of the same parts from the MBX8R. The new Mugen Seiki MBX8R Eco buggy has been tested and develop by the best drivers in the world and you’ll be able to get your hands on one soon! The team at Mugen Seiki spent a lot of time testing and developing the MBX8R geometry in race conditions throughout 2021, which lead to many major victories. Ryan Maifield won The Dirt Nitro Challenge and ROAR 1/8th Electric Nationals again in 2021! The MBX8R Eco has many new parts to increase stability, rear traction, improved jumping, and have a wide tuning range.
- New suspension mounts and geometry.
- The MBX8R Eco uses new narrow RF (C) and RR (D) pivot blocks with new pivot inserts for increased tuneability.
- New longer box-shaped suspension arms and arm stiffeners.
- The rear arm uses an impact resistant material for increased durability.
- Adjusting the hardness of the lower suspension arms is possible with optional CFRP plates.
- The rear uprights are also new for the MBX8R Eco.
- The molded uprights have CFRP plates to adjust rear roll center.
- New front shock tower and upper front arm mount use new pivot inserts for increased tuneability
- The MBX8R Eco chassis features a slightly new design to accommodate the new suspension geometry.
- The chassis has additional machining for increase droop, beveling on the front of the chassis for increased ground clearance, and is lighter.
- New Battery mount for 4S shorty and standard batteries.
- You can install either short or standard size batteries using the new two-piece battery tray.
- The kit comes with 1 strap for 4S short battery(380mm) and 1 strap for 4S standard battery(455mm).
Differential and drivetrain:
- High Traction Differentials are included in the MBX8R Eco.
- The Mugen Seiki HTD provides increased acceleration, longer runtime, and more consistent handling. The HTD’s also increase stability, traction and improve handling in bumpy conditions.
- The HTD diffs use new 20T internal gears to improve consistency and to have smoother operating differentials. This makes it easier to time rhythm sections, better in bumpy and low grip conditions, and helps to increase traction.
- The MBX8R Eco comes with 13T bevel gear and 44T conical gears and 46T molded spur gear in the kit.
New wing and wing mount.
- Lightweight high down-force wing allows more air to flow to improve jumping. The new IFMAR legal wing is durable, lightweight, and very stable on the track and in the air.
- Revised rear wing mount will provide additional downforce and increase durability. CFRP wing plate will be available as an option part.
Addition new items for the MBX8R Eco:
- New sway bar collars to reduce sway bar movement.
- Emulsion shock caps are included in the MBX8R Eco kit.
- Aluminum wing button.
- Updated center diff cover with holes for lightening.
*** Optional stiffer material and light weight F/R lower arms available as option parts.