The Team Associated RC10B6.4D Team Kit continues the AE trend of creating kits specific to the surfaces they are being raced on. The B6.4D includes next generation 13mm diameter big-bore shocks and springs to provide the ultimate in damping and stability. The larger diameter shocks reduce pressure inside the shock and minimize the effects of the shaft displacement. This allows the buggy to feel like it's riding on an invisible cloud when you hit harsh jumps and landings. The chassis, front end, and steering system is optimized for running reduced caster and kickup, which excels on high speed, high grip surfaces. An updated steering system with adjustable height bellcranks helps racers minimize bump steer. In addition, the front suspension is equipped with -1mm kingpin offset steering and caster blocks for smooth and predictable front end feel through the entire throw. The -1mm design pushes the steering pivot closer the center of the front tire, keeping the front end flat through the entire steering throw.
The RC10B6.4D Team Kit includes a dirt-length 19mm Octalock LCF slipper clutch setup, aluminum ESC weight, layback gearbox, and an optimized dirt kit setup. An updated chassis layout and ESC weights allow forward mounted electronics closer to the servo, as well as additional forward battery placement over the previous model. These weight tuning options allow for more high-speed stability and on-power steering.
Both carpet and dirt cars share many great features, such as an easy-access rear differential, wide pivot rear aluminum arm mounts for use with 73mm arms and 69mm CVA bones, and updated carbon fiber shock towers with molded protective covers. The setups and tuning parts remain interchangeable between the two configurations. Both versions come with the speed, durability and lineage expected of a true champion.
The setups and tuning parts remain interchangeable between the RC10B6.4 and the RC10B6.4D configurations. Both versions come with the speed, durability and lineage expected of a true champion. Choose the configuration that suits your track and conquer the competition!
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- 13mm big-bore threaded aluminum shocks and springs with machined shock pistons for improved bump and jump handling
- Dirt length aluminum chassis with 22.5deg. kick-up to complement updated front-end geometry and with new shape to reduce chassis scrub with the track surface
- 20deg, 22.5deg, and 25deg molded bulkheads included for a complete range of caster and kickup options
- Adjustable height steering bellcrank and rack system for optimized bumpsteer at all ride heights and caster angles
- -1mm kingpin offset steering and caster block set for smoother and more predictable steering through the entire wheel throw
- Steel RC10B6.4 ESC mounting tray shifted forward in the chassis and with a wider footprint to fit electronics, resulting in a further forward weight bias
- Front ballstud mount, top plate, and front wing mount to account for the kickup angle change
- Chassis side rails with three fan mount locations to choose from depending on chassis length and transmission used
- Caged thrust bearing for ball differential
- Cab-forward design RC10B6.4 bodyshell offered in standard (kit) and lightweight (optional) thickness
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit
Length: 390mm (15.35in)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.60:1